Field Service Engineer
Mobile Service Engineer
The role of mobile service engineer will include travelling to customer’s sites and in some cases vehicles at road site to carry out repairs to mechanical, electrical, vehicle body work & plumbing.
Duties to include:
- Warranty and service repair work, mechanical and electrical including body repairs.
- On-site services to company products
- Work unsupervised in conjunction with all health and safety legislation and in accordance with industry standards whilst using own initiative to overcome any problems which may arise whilst on site
- Provide detailed & accurate reports including photos
- Promote the company brand & services whist actively looking to generate new service work enquires.
- Using company computer packages systems (Sage CRM, Microsoft Office) – Full training will be given
Our company are one of the market leading manufacturers of insulated bodies for large blue chip companies including Asda, Ocado, Iceland and many others.
The engineer will be provided with a vehicle, tools (hand tools to be engineers own) , laptop and mobile phone in order to carry out the role, the engineer will be responsible for keeping these secure and reporting any issues which may result in you being unable to perform the role.
Hours of Work
Your hours of work will be flexible to suit the needs of the business and may occasionally result in overnight stays but in general will normally be between 8:00am – 5pm Monday to Thursday & 8:00am – 2pm Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break from 12:30pm to 13:00pm.
(Overtime is available subject to T&C’s of probationary period)
Full time employees receive 20 working days during a complete holiday year, increasing to 22 working days after completion of 2 years of continuous service.
Relevant work experience includes but is not limited to:
Commercial vehicle bodybuilding, van conversions using insulated panels
Mechanical and electrical experience are essential.
The successful candidate must have:
The ideal candidate will have experience of the body building industry and service/warranty related work.
Ideally the suitable candidate will be qualified mechanically and electrically and/or trained in other body building or related service disciplines and demonstrate a proven track record of working in the service environment.
Must be well presented with good interpersonal skills as this is a client facing role
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.