Finance & Accounting jobs
search for jobs
Finance & Accounting 26/10/18
- Newmarket, Suffolk
- - Permanent
- - £25000 - £30000 per annum
- - ASAP
My client is a busy accountancy practice specialising in the Licensed Trade Industry dealing with Pubs, Bars, Hotels, and Restaurants.
We are currently seeking to employ an Accountant / Management Accountant to join our friendly team.
This will be a fairly varied and hands-on role with duties including the following:
ABOUT THE ROLE
– Accounts Preparation – We prepare monthly and quarterly accounts for our clients which include a P&L, Balance Sheet and Written Commentary detailing the periods trade against the budget. You will be required to complete the accounts using the bookkeeping records maintained by other members of the team. This will include the review of the bookkeeping, making amendments if necessary and completing the associated working papers. Various reconciliations including Bank, VAT, Cash, Wages, and Machine Games Duty will also need to be completed along with Accruals and Prepayments and the necessary journal entries.
We work closely with various Pub Companies and Breweries in conjunction with our clients. The accounts produced will not only be for the client’s benefit but will also be presented to the Pub Companies so accuracy is paramount.
You will be given your own group of clients for which you will produce the accounts and service the client accordingly.
– Accounts Review – You will be required to review the accounts completed by other team members and correct where necessary.
– VAT & Machine Gaming Returns – You will be required to review the bookkeeping records as prepared by other team members for your client base. You will need to amend if necessary before preparing the quarterly VAT and Machine Gaming Returns (where necessary). Liaise with the client throughout and file electronically with HMRC when approved. ** Training will be given with regards to Machine Gaming Duty
– Meetings – On occasion, you will be required to meet clients either in the office or at the client’s premises to discuss the accounts and general performance of the business. Our clients are situated throughout East Anglia and the Home Counties so a full driving license will be needed.
– Assist with Personal Tax Returns in the lead up to
– Assist with Financial Accounts and Corporation Tax Returns throughout the Year
Experience within the licensed trade industry would be advantageous, however not essential as full training would be given to the successful candidate.
Experience within an accounts practice would be desirable. Your experience should cover all aspects of accounts preparation to full accounts.
This is a fast-paced office and industry so the successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy whilst ensuring that deadlines are met.
We are looking for the successful candidate to possess the following:
* Sage 50 (essential)
* Xero (advantageous)
* Quickbooks (advantageous)
* Excel (essential)
* Word (essential)
* Work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Works well within a small team
* Polite with good telephone manner
* AAT or equivalent (essential)
* ACA, ACCA (full or part qualified) or equivalent (advantageous but not essential)
Job Type: Full-time
If you’re interested in being considered for the role, please apply through the link on this webpage. Alternatively, please contact Ellie at OSR Recruitment for more information.
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.